Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Jewelry Shop Feature!

We are back with another fabulous, slighty quirky, ArtFire Artisan feature. This time it is the gorgeous Amy from TheJewelryShop.
So with out further ado.. I hand you over to Amy...


1) What do you like to be called?
Amy

2) Were you named after anyone?
No

3) How many birthdays have you had?
That I count or all of them together - lol? No, seriously, I have had 37 so far.

4) Where in the world are you located, and where would you like to be located?
I am in Florida. I live about 1.5 hours from the beach, 2.5 hours from Disney, and have lakes and springs all around me. I would love to live in the mountains, maybe somewhere like Idaho, but since I am a Florida native, I would probably freeze to death the first winter.

5) What defines you as you?
I'm just me. I am a mother, daughter, wife, crafter, jewelry maker, and more. No one thing defines me, it is all of these together that make me who I am.

6) What was a defining moment of your childhood? (happy/sad)
I remember sitting and playing games or making jewelry with my grandmother every Sunday. I still love to play games and make jewelry.

7) If you could be an animal which animal would you be and why?
An eagle - for the freedom.

8) Do you believe in miracles?
Absolutely! I have seen them happen.

9) Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Usually.

10) Favorite smells?
Cookies and cakes baking, coffee, the scent of rain, the light scent of flowers in spring.

11) What is on your mouse pad?
I don't use a mouse pad.

12) If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
Purple! It is my favorite color, so I have to go with the favorite. :0)

13) Do you still have your tonsils?
Yes.

14) Do bald men wash their head with soap or shampoo?
I guess it depends on the man.

15) What is the first thing you notice about people?
I usually notice body language first. If someone is open and friendly or standoffish. I am usually a pretty good judge of character, although I have made a few mistakes in my time.

16) What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
Jeans & a pink shirt.

17) Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings.

18) When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?
"Me"

19) Where can people find you and what you do on the internet?
TheJewelryShop (My jewelry shop)
AbsolutelyAmy (My everything else shop)
The Vintage Jewelry Collector (My blog, although the name is deceiving - not about vintage jewelry most of the time.)

20) What do you want to be known for, both in terms of your ‘art’ and personally?
I want to be known for being friendly and helpful, but able to stand up for myself.
I want my jewelry to be known for being pretty, distinctive, and well made.


Thank you so much, Amy. It has been lovely getting to know you.
And now I will present my spotlight on TheJewelryShop and AbsolutelyAmy


I hope you have all enjoyed reading this, I certainly enjoyed presenting it. Until next time.

No comments: