Sunday, April 12, 2009

Harmon Art Feature

Here we are again with another awesome ArtFire Artisan feature! This time round we are featuring HarmonArt. HarmonArt are a husband and wife team, and in this case it is the husband braving the questions!
Let's get to it...

1)What do you like to be called? Brian or daddy at home, Mr. Harmon when in my classroom (although I’ve been called dad there a few times on accident).

2)Were you named after anyone? No, apparently my parents just went with the flow. Brian was the #5 most popular name worldwide the year of my birth. There were like 4 Brians in each of my school classes.

3)How many birthdays have you had? 29

4)Where in the world are you located, and where would you like to be located? My wife and I are an artisan team operating out of Northern Kentucky, which is basically a suburb of Cincinnati. I am actually very happy with my location.

5)What defines you as you? That depends if you know me or just see me. If you know me, I’m defined by my Christian faith and artsiness. If you just see me, It’s probably my super-skinny body shape or big fatty beard.

6)What was a defining moment of your childhood? (happy/sad) When I was in 1st grade, a drawing I did was picked for the local hospital’s ad campaign for paediatrics. I felt like a “real artist” for the first time then. I still get that same feeling every time someone buys one of my pieces. It’s awesome.

7)If you could be an animal which animal would you be and why? I’ve always liked goats, believe it or not. They are just really fun animals. They are outgoing, playful, and can eat anything. I’ve got a sensitive stomach, so I’m jealous.

8)Do you believe in miracles? Oh yes. I’ve experienced them.

9)Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Never.

10)Favorite smells? Baked goods and Scotch tape. I love the smell of wrapping gifts!

11)What is on your mouse pad? “Meet The Beatles” cover art

12)If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? I’m not sure, but it wouldn’t be orange-red, or green- yellow. Crayola insists on putting those in the box but they aren’t colors. According to color theory, the primary color always comes first in hyphenated secondary color names. That’s a pet peeve of mine being an art teacher. It always confuses my students.

13)Do you still have your tonsils? Yep, but my appendix is long gone.

14)Do bald men wash their head with soap or shampoo? Ask me again in a few years and I’ll be able to tell you. 

15)What is the first thing you notice about people? Probably their hair. Jealous.

16)What color pants and shoes are you wearing? No shoes, multi-colored stained jeans (I’m about to start glazing some pottery)

17)Scary movies or happy endings? I LOVE scary movies. Give me zombies over love and flowers any day.

18)When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say? I prefer candid photos, so I always just sneak up on the cheese.

19)Where can people find you and what you do on the internet?
HarmonArt on ArtFire
Harmonart on Twitter
HarmonArt on Facebook

20)What do you want to be known for, both in terms of your ‘art’ and personally? Artwise – I’d like to be known as someone who makes unique work that will you will love to decorate your home with for years to come and that will always start conversations. Personally – I just want to use the talents God gave me in a way He is happy with.


That was great, thanks Brian! And now on to my spotlight of the awesome items in the HarmonArt ArtFire studio.


So once again we have come to the end of a wonderful ArtFire artisan feature. Hope to see you soon for another one.

No comments: