Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 2 and 3 - something different

I missed a day of blogging, but not a day of some kind of creative pursuit. I frankly am not doing as much as I would like to be doing, but weekends are never a good time in my house!
On Friday I spent some time fiddling around with PCStitch. It is a computer program designed to help you create your own cross stitch and embroidery patterns. In recent times I have used grid type designs to make polymer clay canes, so cross stitch patterns work well.
I have a friend who has an Eclectus Parrot and I wanted to do a cane of one, so I found a couple of pictures and had a bit of a fiddle.



I think I like the second one better, although it has more colours and squares, meaning it will be more complicated to create... woot... a challenge!
Today I didn't think I was going to get to anything creative, until my house guest and bestie decided she wanted her nails done. That's creative... right? So first I applied her first set of fake nails, and then she decided that the pretty french tip wasn't enough and wanted them bright yellow. Who am I to argue! LOL Then she wanted sparkles, but couldn't decide on which sparkles, so we chose two. So now she has awesome looking nails!


Not to be outdone I did my nails too. I was just going to paint them, but then I decided to go with fakes as well.


Now I never said that being creative meant making jewellery or playing with polymer clay!
Let's see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: