Friday, March 9, 2012

The Challenge is not the Creativity

At the end of the first week of my Creativity challenge I realise that the challenge is not being creative, it's finding time to be creative.
It seems every time I decide to do something like this the universe conspires to make it as difficult as it can. Children get sick, or suspended from school. My depression rears its ugly head and all sorts of other events suddenly occur.
Some days the last thing I feel like doing is hauling out my stuff to play around. I cannot really leave things lying around, my children have sticky fingers... not the honey type either. Things vanish. My little one is endlessly fascinated by all things belonging to mummy and 'borrows' them. When asked where they have gone she will reply with phrases such as 'I put it down somewhere' or 'I can't remember'.
I have this great long list of things to do, conveniently located at LazyMeter.com, but do not seem to be making much headway.
Next week will be different, I will make sure of it, even though my LazyMeter is full of appointments as well!

No comments: