Thursday, November 12, 2009

Plurkie Promotion!

For now other reason, other than that I can, I have decided to promote some of my wonderful Plurk friends. For those that dont know, Plurk is a social network that helps develop real friendships as well as being a great tool for promoting yourself and others.
So I have done a little spotlight with 9 of my Plurk buddies, along with a little spiel about them and their studio.



CreativeHaven - This is one seriously wonderful woman. She creates beautiful jewellery pieces and handmade soap! The piece of hers that I selected grabbed my eye because of the fabulous colour, but it was such a hard choice, there is much to drool over. Do yourself a favour and come and see for yourself at CreativeHaven.. bring tissues to mop up with :)

Shake Your BonBons - The pick I grabbed is from ShakeYourBonBons on ArtFire, but she also has a webpage you can order from. As a self proclaimed chocoholic her bonbons and other delicious creations are decidedly dangerous! The genius behind Shake Your BonBons is also an awesome lady and very talented food columnist.

28SideDesigns - I have long been fascinated by historical pieces, such as Renaissance clothing, which may be due to being a chainmaille nut. And one of the things that 28SideDesign does is create made to measure outfits like this, including corsets and cinchers. Added to that are other wonderful creations, including embroidered pieces. Her studio is well worth a visit.

EmilyClaireCreations - Now this is one talented lady. Hand her some polymer clay and she will create a masterpiece. I know EmilyClaireCreations via the Polymer Clay Smooshers and we are all in awe of her creations. I found it really difficult just to pick one item, because they are all worthy of promotion.

Gundowerks - This is another member of the Polymer Clay Smooshers, and another maestro with polymer clay. I often have difficulty noticing that her pieces are made with polymer clay, they so often look like something else, such as metal or glass. I was going to pick one of her jewellery creations, but decided to go with her beads, because frankly they are da bomb!

Catinalife - This lovely lady is a member of the ArtFire Chainmaille Guild, yes that's right, the one I am guildmaster of LOL. I was going to pick one of her maille pieces, but had to go with what has to be one of my absolute favourites in her studio. She has an incredible knack for bringing out the best in the items she works with, showing them to their fullest potential. Check out Catinalife.. you will be drooling for hours.

SilverRiverGlassWorks - SilverRiver has more than one studio on ArtFire, each with its own speciality. SilverRiverGlassworks features her fabulous handmade Artisan lampwork beads. She has a wonderful eye for colour and this is apparent in her beads. Anyone who creates jewellery pieces should bookmark her studio.

LeatherMadeNice - Do you like leather? Because LeatherMadeNice has awesome pieces, many of them personalised and made to order. I love the smell of leather and have always wanted a handmade leather handbag. I often feel the tug on my Paypal when I drop by for a looksie. A personalised leather creation would make a fabulous gift for Christmas.

AuntiFranni - This lady absolutely rocks! Not only is she one of the nicest people I have met online, she is also an absolute whizz with an embroidery and sewing machine. When you go to AuntiFranni's you will find awesome and fun patches, badges and appliques, as well as cozies for bottles, lipbalms and usbs.

8 comments:

Meghann said...

Oooh, I love all of these shops, great feature :)

Em+Mad said...

Awww!! Thank you Haff!!! Love you too! What a great post!!

Leather Made Nice said...

WOW!! Jen what an awesome blog post! Thanks so much for adding my shop!!

Anne ^i^

Peggy Whitworth said...

What a great gesture! Super nice promo!

Tami Abiuso said...

I love all the items you posted. I'm off to take a closer look ...

creativehaven said...

Thank Haffina for the awesome feature. Great Blog by the way!

~~Creative Haven

Anonymous said...

Awesome Haffina....what a great Plurkie feature this is!

Unknown said...

Oh! Oh! thank you for introducing me to Shake and 28Side. I have been living in a cave for too long! You absolutely captured the essence of all the other talented artisans with whom you plurk!