For my first new blog of the year I decided to do a little piece on Gratitude. There are many things to be thankful for in this world, some are small, almost insignificant things, like paperclips. Others are big things, like love.
This blog is about a few things I am especially grateful for, and to make it even more fun I made a little collection of items created by some of my favourite artisans to illustrate my post.
So here we go...
1) I am grateful for ArtFire. If I had not found ArtFire almost two years ago I would not have made some of the amazing friends that I have now, nor would I be experiencing such a major boost to my creativity.
2) I am grateful for coffee. Let's face it.. I would barely make it through the day without a regular supply!
3) I am grateful for chocolate. Yes, pretty obvious really. I know my kids are grateful for chocolate too.. it has saved their lives on more than one occasion! LOL
4) I am grateful for lemons. Yes, I said lemons. I like lemons. I like lemon scent. I like lemon flavour. I also like oranges. Actually, I like citrus in general.
5) I am grateful for butterflies. They are pretty, and interesting and they can fly. To me they are the closest to fairies in the 'real' world...not that I'm saying fairies don't exist..because they do....
6) I am grateful for wood. There is something about wood that draws me in. The smell, the feel, the endless possibilities.
7) I am grateful for seed beads. Let's face it, I use them a lot. It really is amazing what can be done with a tiny donut of glass with a hole in it.
8) I am grateful for copper. I love the look, the feel, everything. It is frankly one of my most favourite metals ever!
9) I am grateful for wire. I know I mentioned copper specifically, but wire is important to me too. I am forever grateful of the day I decided to play with wire, especially in terms of turning wire into chainmaille rings.
10) I am grateful for Amethyst. Amethyst is my birthstone and has always had major significance to me. It is the reason I love purple so much.
11) I am grateful for Polymer Clay. The day I discovered Polymer Clay changed my life forever. It has led to me expanding my talents in unforeseen ways and brought me some of the most amazing friends a girl could wish for.
12) I am grateful most of all for love. My children, my man, my mum, my grandpa and my friends give me more love than I ever thought possible, and for that I will forever be grateful.