Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Eclectic Endeavours

Here we are again with another Handmade Artists' Forum blogring feature artisan. This week our featured artisan is Robin aka helenapuck aka Snips and Snails.
Robin is a very talented and eclectic artisan. Like me, she doesnt settle to just one technique or media. In Snips and Snails - her Etsy shop - you will find like of interesting pieces of jewellery created with different techniques. There are wire wrapped pieces, cross stitched pieces and altered art style pieces.
Robin has been doing cross stitch for six years, including designing patterns for five of those years, and she includes cross stitched designs in some of her jewellery creations. Having done cross stitch myself for many years, including a little bit of design work, I know how time consuming it can be and the skill required to get a great finish. Not to mention the fact she has small children, which present their own challenges to creation.
Robin also has a great blog called Snips and Snails where she presents other handmade artisans as well as showcasing her latest creations.
Drop by Snips and Snails on Etsy and come and read her blog - show your support of handmade.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

The crayola pendant is a personal favorite! Her wire work is terrific too!

Linda said...

Your post is great. You really spotlighted what a creative artist Robin is, and so diverse. I also really like the Crayola pendant, which I didn't happen to see when I was looking at her site.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picks! I love to see people that are willing to try different things.

TamsJewelry said...

I love her work.Her pieces are beautiful!

twiddletoes said...

I love seeing an artist who's always trying new things and experimenting with their art. Excellent picks!

Brenda's Wearable Art said...

Great post! I love her work and what's even better is that she is a really nice person.

jewelry by NaLa said...

This is beautiful jewelry. Very nice post!

Unknown said...

Great post about this talented artisan! YAY HAF!

Kazumi said...

I love her work! Great post!

Handmade Artists' Forum and Shop said...

Love the crayola piece, very smart idea!
HAF