Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Warm Fuzzies

Welcome back! It is time for another Handmade Artists' Forum Blogring featured Artisan. This week the amazing talent is twiddletoes. Now I hadn't actually heard of them before, and I think I have been missing out.

twiddletoes is the creator of socks! Hand knitted, natural fibre, warm, snuggly, gorgeous socks! She creates one style of sock that is really interesting to me. She calls them Tabi Toes and they are based on traditional Japanese toes socks. When I read about how she decided to make them, seeing people wearing flip flops over normal socks, I had to laugh a little - because that is considered a no-no in Australia! LOL

But I personally love toe socks, so I'm thinking that I would probably like Tabi Toes too! She uses fabulous combinations of colours, and has developed a luxury line using cashmere, alpaca and yak. Yummy!

You can see twiddletoes at a number of locations. There is twiddletoes Etsy and twiddletoes 1000markets, as well as twiddletoes.com, where you can also find her blog where she features other artisans and allows a little look inside her life.

13 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love the Tabi Toes!

Anonymous said...

Love these! I don't wear socks with my flip flops, but they look like so much fun to wear around the house!

Unknown said...

Fantastic post! Love the socks! And definately no wearing them with flip flops at least for me! I would however wear them with my sneakers!

Larissa said...

Oh, it's a no-no here too! People just do it anyway, so she did a great job making them more fashionable!

Sandi Levy said...

The socks all look so warm and soft!

jewelry by NaLa said...

Twiddletoes puts luxury and fun into socks!

Tammy said...

Great write up!

Anonymous said...

Love the Tabi toes. Wouldn't have to cram my toes into shoes for another month or so, come cold weather.

DreamAgainJewelry said...

Love the socks, they look so comfy and cozy! Great post!

Kazumi said...

Those socks look very comfortable.
Great article!

DreamBubbles said...

Love your perspective on the flipflops and socks... it's a no-no here in Colorado too. Great feature about a clearly needed and talented artist!

Handmade Artists' Forum and Shop said...

My feet are getting warmer by the minute! LOL
HAF

Okaasan said...

Great post!! :D