Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Today I am doing my first ArtFire Artisan feature, with a slight difference. My focus is on having fun and getting to know the artisan in a different way. Each featured artisan is asked to provide pictures of a scene or place that inspires them, their favourite item of clothing and the item they have made that they are most proud of.
So here we go!
Our first featured ArtFire Artisan is SilverRiverJewelry!
1) What do you like to be called? Sonja or Mom but please don’t call me Mrs. McClung, even after almost 21 years of marriage I turn around and look for my mother-in-law
2) Were you named after anyone? Not that I know of but I was almost names Sylvie instead of Sonja
3) How many birthdays have you had? Almost 43
4) Where in the world are you located, and where would you like to be located? Akron Ohio and anywhere that involves palm trees, sand and water (definitely not much of that in Akron lol)
5) What defines you as you? My faith and my overwhelming need to create.
6) What was a defining moment of your childhood? (happy/sad) That’s a hard one, I had a very happy childhood but was an absolutely awful teenager. I would have to say my parent s unswerving love not matter how badly I behaved.
7) If you could be an animal which animal would you be and why? A cat, so independent, smart and sleek.
8) Do you believe in miracles? Yes
9) Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Depends on the shoes lol!
10) Favorite smells? The ocean, my husband (I know weird but true) and the air right after it rains.
11) What is on your mouse pad? Two baby tigers
12) If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Royal Blue
13) Do you still have your tonsils? Yes
14) Do bald men wash their head with soap or shampoo? Soap?
15) What is the first thing you notice about people? Their smile
16) What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Snowflake fleece pajama pants in white and turquoise and white socks, no shoes.
17) Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings
18) When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say? Ham
19) Where can people find you and what you do on the internet? You can find me at
(this links to both my artfire shop and my 1000markets shop
20) What do you want to be known for, both in terms of your ‘art’ and personally? For my art, I would like to develop a style and become well known enough that when people see one of my pieces they will immediately know that it is mine, with of course excellent workmanship and customer service.
Personally, I want to be known my integrity and that people will recognize that I live my faith.
Great answers Sonja! And now to the spotlight. I had a fabulous time drooling over all the lovely items in Silver River Jewelry. It was very hard to only pick 9 items. But I think I have picked a good cross section of the amazing items available to buy on ArtFire in Silver River Jewelry's studio.
Posted by Jennifer Mercer at 3:36 PM